tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <res0o...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Managing a large web.xml
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 07:13:23 GMT
The obvious answer is to use internal entities (Note: some versions of
Tomcat don't handle these gracefully, but I believe [but I don't use], that
4.0.4 and 4.1.x do). The idea is to setup in web.xml:
<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd"
[
<!ENTITY section1 SYSTEM "/home/tomcat/part1.xml">
<!ENTITY section2 SYSTEM "/home/tomcat/part2.xml">
]

<web-app>
&section1;
&section2;