tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Redirects and URL-Rewriting in server.xml
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:21:30 GMT
On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Alexander Schmidt wrote:

> Hello!
> Can I do in the server.xml file redirect or URL-Rewriting and when how?
> I want when i type in colangamma he goes to the site
> opencms/opencms/Colangamma!Who can help me?

First of all, be clear in your usage of "URL-Rewriting".  Because in
the servlet world, that term refers to rewriting the URL to include
the session id, in the case that you don't want to or can't use
cookies to manage sessions.

Second, I think you should elaborate on what your situation/problem
is.  That is, what application(s)/context(s) do you have, what's your
current URL mapping scheme, what you'd like it to be, etc.  That will
better allow people to help you.  The above is certainly not clear to
me (e.g. what you you mean by "when I type in colangamma"?).

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)
mepstein@uiuc.edu