tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject RE: Apache/Tomcat Connectors List
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 18:28:38 GMT
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Turner, John wrote:

> Semantics, I guess.  There's one connectors distribution, and it has
> everything in it.  They're even separate projects from both apache
> and tomcat.
>
> There aren't any apache packages that have tomcat connectors, nor is
> there any apache documentation that says "this is how you use the
> apache connector to connect to tomcat".

True.  But I think the distinction is not unimportant.  For example,
if you're going to run Tomcat standalone, the Tomcat distrib has
everything you need, including the connectors.  And my impression is
that most people who get the connectors distrib do so mostly/only to
get/build the Apache side of one of the Tomcat-Apache connectors, and
they don't replace what's in the Tomcat distrib.  (So, maybe no Apache
package has connectors, but the Tomcat package does.  So the
connectors project is more separate from Apache than it is from Tomcat :-).

> In any case, the URL I posted has information on all of them, as far
> as I know.

I think it does.  But the info on what's included in what distrib and
where to find them is also useful.