tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject RE: Apache/Tomcat Connectors List
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 18:08:01 GMT
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Turner, John wrote:

> They are one and the same...there aren't separate connectors for
> apache and separate connectors for tomcat.  There is an HTTP
> connector that is tomcat-only, but that just allows tomcat to serve
> static content.

Well, I'd say that makes them separate.  Especially since some of them
come with the Tomcat distrib and some of them don't.  That is, there
are two kinds of connectors, those for Tomcat standalone and those for
integrating Tomcat with Apache (or some other web server).  The ones
for Tomcat standalone and the Tomcat side of those for integrating
Tomcat with Apache come with Tomcat, while the Apache side of those
for integrating Tomcat with Apache don't.  They have to be gotten
separately, perhaps via the connectors distribution (which I think
includes all sides of all connectors).

> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/index.html
>
> Look on the left-hand side under "connectors".
>
> John Turner
> jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer