tomcat-users mailing list archives

From adam kramer <>
Subject configuring jikes for jsp compilation
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 22:11:24 GMT

I'm trying to get ibm's jikes working for jsp compilation instead of javac
to avoid the memory leak and improve initial compilation performance.
I'm using tomcat 4.0.4 with j2sdk1.4.

I have downloaded and compiled jikes from source and placed the jikes
exectutable in /usr/bin

I have changed the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml jsp servlet config to:

and I get this error when trying to run example/ jsp pages:

Error: You need to modify your classpath, sourcepath, bootclasspath,
and/or extdirs setup. Package "java/lang" could not be found in:

Should I be setting a classpath in the web.xml file? There is no example
of how to do this so I wasn't sure of syntax. examples = good.

Adam Kramer

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message