tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: mod_webapp or perhaps apache question
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 21:00:23 GMT

What's the directory layout? Is "qvdintra" a directory? It would be a good
idea to send the directory layout. This way someone could give you an
informed answer

FYI:-
The WebAppDeploy syntax is:

WebAppDeploy <application_name> <connection_name> <url_path>
where,
application_name - the directory present under your "webapps" directory
connection_name - the name declared in your WebAppConnection statement
url_path - the url path where the application will be deployed i.e. the URL
you enter in your browser to access this webapplication.

Alias:
Alias allows files to be stored in the filesystem other than under
DocumentRoot.

RS

                      Markus Bengts

                      <markus@click3.js        To:       tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

                      p.fi>                    cc:

                                               Subject:  mod_webapp or perhaps apache question

                      08/02/02 03:20 PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

Hello,

In my apache conf I have these lines for a virtual host:

    #
    Alias /webmail /home/qvd/www/webmail
    # Tomcat configurations
    <IfModule mod_webapp.c>
        WebAppDeploy qvdintra   defConn         /_
    </IfModule>

I don't want to have "_/" in my servlet urls, but if I remove '_' my
webmail stops working. I want to send everything else to tomcat except for
urls with "/webmail" in the beginning of the path.

Can anyone help me with this configuration? I thought the alias before the
WebAppDeploy would help, but it seems that order doesn't matter here.

      Markus

For additional commands, e-mail: <