tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: mod_webapp or perhaps apache question
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 21:33:47 GMT

Is "webmail" a directory under "qvdintra"? If it is, then you are better
off using mod_jk as a connector rather than mod_webapp. With mod_jk you
have better control over the what is being passed to Tomcat. You could pass
only *.jsp and everything that has /servlet. With mod_webapp everything
under the <application_directory> (in your case, qvdintra) would be passed
to Tomcat. OR you could move webmail outside the qvdintra directory, if you
still wish to stick with mod_webapp.
If "webmail" isn't a directory under "qvdintra", then I don't see a
problem.

RS

                      Markus Bengts

                      <markus@click3.js        To:       Tomcat Users List

                      p.fi>                     <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                               cc:

                      08/02/02 04:25 PM        Subject:  Re: mod_webapp or perhaps apache
question
                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 rsequeira@transentric.com wrote:

> What's the directory layout? Is "qvdintra" a directory?

> The WebAppDeploy syntax is:
>
> WebAppDeploy <application_name> <connection_name> <url_path>

qvdintra is an application name which is the same as the directory present
under my "webapps" directory. The connection works fine. My problem is
that the webmail should be served by apache and everything else by tomcat.

I want to have:

             WebAppDeploy qvdintra         defConn                       /

But still I need to have apache serving urls that have /webmail in the
beginning of the path. (The webmail application is written in php.)

> In my apache conf I have these lines for a virtual host:
>
>     #
>     Alias /webmail /home/qvd/www/webmail
>     # Tomcat configurations
>     <IfModule mod_webapp.c>
>         WebAppDeploy qvdintra   defConn         /_
>     </IfModule>
>
> I don't want to have "_/" in my servlet urls, but if I remove '_' my
> webmail stops working. I want to send everything else to tomcat except
for
> urls with "/webmail" in the beginning of the path.
>
> Can anyone help me with this configuration? I thought the alias before
the
> WebAppDeploy would help, but it seems that order doesn't matter here.

       Markus

For additional commands, e-mail: <