tomcat-users mailing list archives

From TOMITA_ALEX_NONLI...@LILLY.COM
Subject Re: Connection pooling using Jakarta commons
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:18:59 GMT
Hi,

I think you can add those parameters in your web.xml file...

something like this:

<context-param>
      <param-name>factory</param-name>
      <param-value>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory</param-value>
    </context-param>

please, correct me if I'm wrong...

Alex

Capr1ce <capr1ce@capr1ce.co.uk>
14/08/2002 05:47 a.m.
Please respond to Tomcat Users List

        To:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Connection pooling using Jakarta commons

Hi,

I'm new here. My name's Mel. Hi!

Anyway, I have a question that I cannot find an answer for anywhere.
I've implemented connection pooling using Tomcat 4.0 and the required
projects from Jakarta commons as instructed in the JNDI resources how to
that can be found with in the Tomcat documentation.
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html)
I have edited my server.xml and web.xml files and it works perfectly. How
comes the time for my project to be transferred onto the new web hosting
companys web site. This is where I have hit a problem. I cannot edit their

server.xml. Only my own web.xml. So i've added the <resource-ref> element
to web.xml:

<resource-ref>
     <res-ref-name>jdbc/ocb_clients</res-ref-name>
     <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

However, server.xml contains many parameters:

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/ocb_clients">
     <parameter>
       <name>factory</name>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
      <name>username</name>
      <value>username here</value>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
      <name>password</name>
      <value>password_here</value>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
        <name>driverClassName</name>
        <value>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</value>
     </parameter>
     <parameter>
       <name>url</name>
       <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ocb_clients</value>
     </parameter>
</ResourceParams>

Can these be included in web.xml somehow? Or do I need to take a different

approach?
Thanks very much for any help,
Mel.