tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject RE: Checking Tomcat's Memory
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:41:40 GMT

That's true, the adress space for each Win32 process is limited to 2GB
(same on Linux? I would assume yes for the same processor architecture, but
i do not know it). Another hint: If your applications are compatible with
jdk 1.3, try out the IBM jdk. For me it works more stable and performant
than the Sun jdks in a server environment both on Windows and Linux. For
example the GC does not stop the whole JVM from time to time as with the
Sun jdk.

Jens Stutte

                    George"               To:     "Tomcat Users List"
                    <gsexton@mhsof        <>
          >            cc:
                                          Subject:     RE: Checking Tomcat's Memory
                    Please respond
                    to "Tomcat
                    Users List"

I really doubt it. I seem to recall that for Windows 32 bit applications
maximum address space of an application is 2GB. I would try reducing the
second parameter to below 2GB and see what happens.

I'm sure Sun has some boxes that could do this...