tomcat-users mailing list archives

From JensStu...@quidinfo.it
Subject RE: Checking Tomcat's Memory
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:41:40 GMT

That's true, the adress space for each Win32 process is limited to 2GB
(same on Linux? I would assume yes for the same processor architecture, but
i do not know it). Another hint: If your applications are compatible with
jdk 1.3, try out the IBM jdk. For me it works more stable and performant
than the Sun jdks in a server environment both on Windows and Linux. For
example the GC does not stop the whole JVM from time to time as with the
Sun jdk.

Regards,

Jens Stutte

                    "Sexton,

                    George"               To:     "Tomcat Users List"

                    <gsexton@mhsof        <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                    tware.com>            cc:

                                          Subject:     RE: Checking Tomcat's Memory

                    16/08/2002

                    01.01

                    Please respond

                    to "Tomcat

                    Users List"

I really doubt it. I seem to recall that for Windows 32 bit applications
the
maximum address space of an application is 2GB. I would try reducing the
second parameter to below 2GB and see what happens.

I'm sure Sun has some boxes that could do this...