tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert L Sowders" <>
Subject Re: Apache 2 and Tomcat 4
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2002 04:18:10 GMT
Sure thing,

But it's for Tomcat 4.1.8

Install J2sdk1.4.0_01
No need to install src or demos.  I chose an install path of c:\1\java,
try to keep it simple. Add the java bin directory to the system PATH
variable in my case it is       C:\1\java\bin
Add JAVA_HOME to the system variables pointing it at where you installed
JSDK mine is C:\1\java

Install Apache 2.0.39
Make a nice short path without any blank spaces for the installation. Mine
is C:\1\Apache2
During installation set domain and ServerName to localhost.
Install Tomcat 4.1.8
Again make sure to chose a nice short install path without any blanks in
the names.  Mine is C:\1\Tomcat

Note:  During installation you don't have select the check box for nt
service.  Tomcat will be started by Apache as it's needed.

Set system environment variables for Tomcat home;  TOMCAT_HOME=

Install and configure mod_jk2.dll
Save mod_jk2.dll to the APACHE_HOME/modules directory.

In the httpd.conf file add this LoadModule statement to the beginning of
the LoadModule section;
LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.dll

In your APACHE_HOME/logs directory create three empty files;

Drop the attached file into the APACHE_HOME/conf
(Edit paths to suit)

Cut and paste the following file into the JAVA_HOME\conf
(Edit paths to suit)

Reboot to make all the variables active

Open http://localhost/examples to test.

Have fun

>Hello All,

>I am trying to find a configuration that will allow apache 2 and tomcat 4
>talk to each other on a windows platform. Does anyone have any pointers
>where to look?

View raw message