tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: adding a virtual directory
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 21:54:44 GMT

Assuming you are using Windows OS, you could map a drive on the source
machine pointing to the shared destination directory. Ofcourse you could
run into a few problems if  "my_ap" is the Context and "my_dir" isn't under
"my_ap".

RS

                      "Rutledge, Aaron"

                      <ARutledge@5prime        To:       "Tomcat Users List (E-mail)"

                      .com>                     <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                               cc:

                      08/02/02 04:49 PM        Subject:  adding a virtual directory

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

I'm sorry for this very basic question, but I can't find an answer
anywhere.

Within my web application I would like to map everything requested from
one directory (such as http://my.com/my_ap/my_dir) to another directory
located on another server (mapped like
\\Server_name\directory\my_static_content).  Can I do this from my
application's web.xml or only by specifying a virtual directory in
server.xml?  I would rather keep everything self-contained so that I can
deploy it on other servers without modifying the server.xml on each
machine deployed.  Surely there is a way to do this?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated! Regards, Aaron

For additional commands, e-mail: <