tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject Re: mod_webapp or perhaps apache question
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 22:23:00 GMT

Maybe it's just me or maybe it's Friday. But I'm sorry, I'm a little
confused. What is "_"? Is that some directory you defined or is that
something you just put in your email. "_" generally is used when you define
a Root context and wish to access your site as http://domain-name/
Let's try once again. Since "webmail" is a php application, it will be
handled by Apache. You would create an Alias for "webmail" if it isn't
under your DocumentRoot. And you have jsps and servlets under "qvdintra"
which will go to Tomcat as directed by your WebAppDeploy statement. You
would access your servlets with under qvdintra by prefixing the className
(or url-mapping. see web.xml) with "servlet/"

RS

                      Markus Bengts

                      <markus@click3.js        To:       Tomcat Users List

                      p.fi>                     <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                               cc:

                      08/02/02 04:48 PM        Subject:  Re: mod_webapp or perhaps apache
question
                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 rsequeira@transentric.com wrote:

> If "webmail" isn't a directory under "qvdintra", then I don't see a
> problem.

webmail is not under qvdintra. It is possible to use it like this with
"servlet/" or "_/" or some other extra string in the url-path to every
servlet. I just don't want to have something extra in the path to
servlets.

/

> But still I need to have apache serving urls that have /webmail in the
> beginning of the path. (The webmail application is written in php.)
>

> > In my apache conf I have these lines for a virtual host:
> >
> >     #
> >     Alias /webmail /home/qvd/www/webmail
> >     # Tomcat configurations
> >     <IfModule mod_webapp.c>
> >         WebAppDeploy qvdintra   defConn         /_
> >     </IfModule>
> >
> > I don't want to have "_/" in my servlet urls, but if I remove '_' my
> > webmail stops working. I want to send everything else to tomcat except
> for
> > urls with "/webmail" in the beginning of the path.
> >
> > Can anyone help me with this configuration? I thought the alias before
> the
> > WebAppDeploy would help, but it seems that order doesn't matter here.
> >

>        Markus

For additional commands, e-mail: <