tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rseque...@transentric.com
Subject RE: adding a virtual directory
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 23:07:17 GMT

You could define a servlet that takes care of this for you. And add that
mapping to the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml file. The
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet does something like this. It looks for
a *.jsp in the URL. See $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml and source code for
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet for more details

RS

                      "Rutledge, Aaron"

                      <ARutledge@5prime        To:       "Tomcat Users List"

                      .com>                     <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                               cc:

                      08/02/02 05:04 PM        Subject:  RE: adding a virtual directory

                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

The goal is to get that mapped drive into the context of my web-app.
Regardless of wether the folder is on or off the server--how do I map a
virtual folder from web.xml.  Is it possible?  I want everything with a
certain URL pattern to request content from a folder that is not in the
usual place.  Thanks!  Aaron