tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony Nolan" <ano...@bigpicture.ie>
Subject Moving between JSPs and Servlets within a webapp
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:54:16 GMT
Hi,

I have a webapp which contains servlets and jsp pages. In development I keep
all jsp pages in a subdirectory of the project called 'jsp'. When I deploy
to production I use a war file and specify that the contents of the jsp
directory is to be included in the war. This expands on the production
server with the jsp files in the root of the webapp.
i.e. in development I use the url:
http://localhost:8080/myapp/jsp/myfile.jsp
in production the url is http://prodserver:8080/myapp/myfile.jsp

this works fine except when I must redirect to a servlet from a jsp page. I
can set up the path to redirect to so that it works in development (for
example ..\servlet\myservlet), but then when I deploy to production the
relative references no longer work. I could filter the files with ant and
remove the relative references at deployment time, but would prefer a more
robust solution. Is there some way I can get a reference to a Context object
and then find my servlets relative to this?
I am using tomcat 3.3.1 and JDK 1.3.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Anthony Nolan
Big Picture Software

This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
are addressed. If you have received this E-mail in error please notify us immediately and
delete this E-mail from your system. Thank you.
It is possible for data transmitted by email to be deliberately or
accidentally corrupted or intercepted. For this reason, where the
communication is by E-mail, the Big Picture Group does not accept
any responsibility for any breach of confidence which may arise through the use of this medium.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of Big Picture Group shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.
This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of known
computer viruses.