tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sexton, George" <gsex...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject RE: DOS Error Msg.
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:49:17 GMT
Using the instructions previously given, edit the setting for the JAVA_HOME
variable and remove the trailing semi-colon.

-----Original Message-----
From: STEVE R BURRUS [mailto:steve5296@yahoo.com]
Sent: 29 August, 2002 2:05 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: DOS Error Msg.

 Hello all, I need some degree of immediate help/assistance w. installing
the
Tomcat server! After I THINK that I have gotten all of the various
components in
place needed for the installation, and set the environment variables
correctly,
when I try to activate Tomcat, I seem to always get a DOS error message
saying
that the JAVA_HOME variable wasn't set properly!! Here is a "dump" from the
entire
message for your inspection. Please help!

 C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4\bin>startup
The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
The system cannot find the batch label specified - end
Using CATALINA_BASE:   ..
Using CATALINA_HOME:   ..
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: ..\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\j2sdk1.4.1_01;

 Incidentally, I am using the Win XP Home platform.