tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jerry Birchler" <jrbirch...@attbi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.0 and CLASSPATH
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 06:12:05 GMT
I have experienced this same problem. I am resigned to putting jar file into
either /lib under TOMCAT_HOME or the WEB-INF/lib for the context. That
always works, and besides it's easy. Anyway, just be sure that you rename
any *.zip files to *.jar, such as those Oracle ones. Tomcat won't "see" them
otherwise.

-----Original Message-----
From: Addi Jamshidi [mailto:ajpb@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2002 8:48 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: tomcat 4.0 and CLASSPATH

Hi,

I have my CLASSPATH pointing to MyJar.jar file where
it contains the class MyClass.class.

At runtime in my servlet I make a call to:

Class.forName("MyClass.class"), and I get a
noClassFound exception error. It is as if under tomcat
4.0 the environment variable CLASSPATH is totally
ignored!

The same works find under tomcat 3.x, and prior
versions.

Appreciate it beyond any words can express if someone
would please help me with this.

Regards,