tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Harvey" <Paul.Har...@fdgroup.com>
Subject Hang in ServletOutputStream.print
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:11:39 GMT
We have a servlet which appears to hang randomly (for times up to minutes)
in ServletOutputStream.print. This is with tomcat 4 and JDK 1.4 on Solaris
7.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I am posting this on behalf of a colleague in Oz who is trying to sort this
out.

We cannot reproduce the problem here with the same config, JDK, and tomcat
... but we are running on Solaris 6.

The machine in Oz is missing a bunch of recommended patches ... so this
could be the root of the problem.

I will try installing Sol 7 and seeing then if I can reproduce the problem
... but if anyone else has seen similar then any information could prove
useful

Thanks,

Paul.