tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Collins, Jim" <jim.coll...@uk.nomura.com>
Subject Application running on Tomcat 4.1.3 stops resonding when installe d with the Manager app
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:57:08 GMT
Hi,

I have a an application running on Tomcat 4.1.3 that frequently stops
responding for approximately 8 minutes. Tomcat itself is still running OK
and I can access the example servlets and JSP's with no problem. My
application is deployed as a WAR file using the Manager servlets install
command, and I don't know if it could be something to do with this. Below is
a stack trace from catalina.out that I get when the app stops responding:

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:343)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:438)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:409)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.acceptSocket(DefaultSe
rverSocketFactory.java:107)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:335)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:483)
        at
a:518)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

If anyone has any idea why this is happening it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim.

PS I am still working on the app and installing it and removing it quiet a
lot as develop and at times the install and remove commands don't respond
for about 8 minutes.

PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is confidential
and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended
recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take any
further action in reliance on it and you should delete it and notify the
sender immediately. Email is not a secure method of communication and
Nomura International plc cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy
or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this
email for virus infection, for which Nomura International plc accepts
no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
Nomura International plc. This email is intended for informational
purposes only and is not a solicitation or offer to buy or sell
securities or related financial instruments. Nomura International plc is
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the
London Stock Exchange.