tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Short, Dave" <>
Subject RE: mod_jk
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:17:40 GMT
Not asking for every OS under the sun, just Win32 - which is a fairly common
OS...  I would gladly download, compile and post the source for Win32
mod_k2.  Last time I tried, my compiler complained about missing .h files.
If you wouldn't mind telling me where ALL required files reside, I would be
happy to help out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter T. Abplanalp []
Sent: August 27, 2002 3:11 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Re: mod_jk

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 02:50:59PM -0700, Short, Dave wrote:
> I've been looking for the Win32 mod_jk2 binary for Apache 2.0.40 for two
> weeks now.  I've logged a bug request in Bugzilla, asked here multiple
> and still no response.  Maybe the keeper of the mod_jk and mod_jk2
> is on vacation or asleep...

i don't think it is the developers' job to create binaries for every
os under the sun.  when i needed a binary, i downloaded the source and
compiled it.  you can too.  ok, those of you who have windows and no
compiler are out of luck but the redhat poster doesn't really have an
excuse.  if i have time tonight, perhaps i can copmile mod_jk for
redhat 7.3.  i happen to be using mod_jk2 so didn't compile mod_jk.

the developers donate their time to creating a useful tool that is
free.  perhaps if you volunteer to pay them some money, they would
provide binaries for you.

- --
Peter Abplanalp

Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)