tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Venkatesh Sangam" <venkatesh_san...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: MaxProcesses in Server.xml
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 21:42:40 GMT
Hi Yoav,

Thanks for your response.

I am generating multiple threads on a client machine and am measuring how
long would it take for the thread to finish after it gets serviced from the
tomcat server(I am calculating the difference in time).

Thanks,
Venkatesh.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: RE: MaxProcesses in Server.xml
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:34:08 -0400

Hi,
You will always have some variance in your responses.  It's never going
to be exactly 10sec for all requests.  This variance is due to network
issues, I/O, a bit of thread contention and locking, etc.  It's up to
you to decide what variance is acceptable, and profile your application
to ensure that with the desired number of users (peak, average,
simultaneous peak, whatever criterion is the proper one for you) the
application responds within the acceptable variance.

As an aside, how are you measuring this respond time?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics