tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: How to keep track of sessions
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:17:36 GMT
Howdy,

>> Sessions are not meant to be persisted across server restarts.
>>

>Obviously other people have other opinions about that.

Which is why I still suggested a solution I've used in the past ;)

Even though I disagree with the approach of persisting someone else's
proprietary internal objects, I assume that whoever asked the question
has a reasonable and well-thought out cause, so I try to help.

I'm still unclear as to why one would want to save the session object
itself, as opposed to only the parts of interest from it.  Does it have
to do with load-balancing, wanting to somehow augment / superimpose on
the built-in mechanism?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics