tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat poll()'ing too much ?
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:25:07 GMT
Hi,
That's very interesting.  We've been using tomcat for a couple of years
now in production, on Solaris servers the whole time.  Been using tomcat
version 3.1.x through 4.1.x.  Been using JDK 1.2.2 through 1.4.1RC.
Been using Solaris 2.6 to 2.8.

We've never had a tomcat CPU usage problem, and we analyze it on an
ongoing basis with top, truss, some in-house tools.  Not saying you
couldn't have one, but I'd be very curious whether your apps running on
tomcat do anything while "idle".

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics