tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [help!] Strange Tomcat's behaviour
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:21:46 GMT
Hi,

>and sometimes it had an oracle exception:
>"Maximum cursors opened". But it was not all the times because the rest
of

You will need to either or both:

- Rewrite your SQL queries to use less cursors at a time.  The most
common example of this is having queries with some field in(item1,
item2, item3 ...) where the item list is long.  By default each item
requires a cursor and so you can run out very quickly if you have
several concurrent queries.  You can use a /* NO_EXPAND */ hint for this
or rewrite the SQL.  But that's getting off-topic for the list so I'll
stop here.

- Configure your DB to allow more cursors.  Figure out how many
concurrent queries you're going to have, how many cursors that's going
to require, and configure the DB accordingly.  This is not always easy.
Plan for peak time and then add some for unplanned demands on the
system.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics