tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: [help!] Strange Tomcat's behaviour
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:08:41 GMT
Hi,

>-This means, that it required to have some DataBase connections to
>recover the classes availables, and to register him/her in them.

You will need to post the relevant code and configuration parameters.
What's the database, what version?  Are you using connection pooling,
and if so what implementation, what version, and how is it configured?
Do you have relevant logs?  Do the tomcat logs indicate any errors?

>-But the problem happened when I tried to test it in a very formal
>registration day in the school. It was terrible! because the
application
>crashed almost every half hour. And it came back to work when I
>restarted Tomcat.

So it failed in test or production?  If it failed like that in
production, I'm sorry ;(  That sucks when it happens.

>-It suddenly stop to work,but not all the Tomcat'services, because I
>tried to access other jsp file (more simple) and sometimes they worked
>(Not all the "crashed" times).

So tomcat stayed OK.  It's just the JSPs that connected to the database
that broke?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics