tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: tomcat and log files
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:36:33 GMT
It's as simple as calling log("message") from your servlets and looking
for the output in the tomcat log file.  If you have a specific log file
for your context (configured with a <logger> element inside your
<context> element in server.xml), then the logging output will show up
there.  If you don't have a specific log file, it'll show up in the
parent logger, which by default is catalina_log.[date].txt or something
like that.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics