tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Crash
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:16:10 GMT
Hi,
Maybe another approach will help. Can you write a little command-line
test program to do the import?  One that will read, parse the file, set
up the ImportManager, and do your DB work, all outside of tomcat.
Perhaps that will make the issue easier to pinpoint and then debug.
It's certainly easier to profile (using OptimizeIt or whatever profiler
you prefer) outside the servlet container.

On the other hand, if the program runs quickly and without memory leaks
outside of tomcat, we probably have a more serious tomcat issue at hand.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Tomcat to
>crash after I've done an import.  i.e.  a file with 12 lines in it will
>import successfully, then I can get maybe 20 more connections before
Tomcat