tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Too many threads
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:13:48 GMT
There are many threads in your system in addition to tomcat's http
processing threads.  You can search the list archives, a few months ago
I posted a simple "list all threads in the system" class that you can
use to see exactly what's going on.

Please be careful to distinguish between threads in the JVM and OS-level
threads.  The mapping is not always one to one.  A good document can be
found here explaining the different JVM threading models:

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics