tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: web app with 2.3 dtd enforced
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:27:35 GMT
You probably have a web.xml file written to the 2.2 DTD.  Tomcat 4.x
strictly enforced the servlet spec 2.3 DTD for the web.xml files.  You
see the complete docs if you download the 2.3 spec from and look at chapter 13.

If you post your web.xml file, we can sort if out for you very quickly.
But basically you have to ensure the elements in your file are in the
order indicated by the message below.  For example, all <servlet> tags
must be before all <servlet-mapping> tags, etc.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

View raw message