tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: tomcat stops randomly. why??
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:44:49 GMT
Hi,

>> Running 4.0.3 on solaris 8 standalone with jdk 1.4
>>
>> Occasionally, tomcat dies with no error message in any log file. It
is as
>if
>> someone has kill -9'ed the jvm.

Do you get any JVM-generated error files, typically of the form
hs_error_[pid].log or something like that?  I've had that happen with
the same version of tomcat, same version of Solaris.

It was happening on JDK 1.3.0.  Once we moved to 1.3.1 with the proper
OS patches (!), the problem disappeared.

I recall someone else posting a similar question, again on Solaris, and
again the answer was to ensure the relevant OS patches are installed.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics