tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Quick Question
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:52:41 GMT
Howdy,

>good point, although if you need to write to the file,
getResourceAsStream
>doesn't work.  Is there something else along the same lines that will?

How's about:

URL destinationURL = ...getResource(...);
URLConnection destinationConnection = URL.openConnection();
destinationConnection.setDoOutput();
OutputStream outputStream = destinationConnection.getOutputStream();

You are not guaranteed this will always work across containers.  I don't
think the spec says the container *has* to give you write permission to
URLs obtained this way.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics