tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: fixed classes
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:42:59 GMT
Hi,
In general it's better to re-compile, re-pack jars, re-deploy jars, restart app.  It's clean,
quick and safe, especially if you have ant targets for all of this ;)

As a temporary fix, you can put the fixed classes themselves, unpacked, in the /WEB-INF/classes
directory of your application.  The classloader will look there prior to /WEB-INF/lib, per
the servlet specification.  You will still have to restart your application.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics