tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Profiling using Catalina API
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:49:29 GMT
Hi,

>I've tried out a few tools, but instead of customizing them, if it is
>easier
>to build one, I thought of taking that route. I have tried out
OptimizeIt,
>JProfiler, JBoss to name a few.

OK.  Now I move onto the realm of curiosity.  I'm a fan of OptimizeIt,
I've found it adequate for my profiling needs.  What do you find it
lacking?

>Your assumption is correct - JPDA implementation specific to tomcat.

That'f be great to have ;)  It's not a trivial thing to write.

My biggest knock on OptimizeIt is that things run 5-10 times slower when
run with OptimizeIt, but that's to be expected.  If yours is faster and
as full-featured, you have a user right here! ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics