tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Jackson" <mjack...@cdi-hq.com>
Subject RE: ?? Tomcat and System.out ??
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:27:55 GMT
That's not 100% true, the older drivers don't do any kind of
pooling.  Newer JDBC drivers (2.0+) do usually provide pooling,
but I don't know if it's a requirement in the JDBC spec or an
optional JDBC thing to implement.  But even still I've found
that Oracle's JDBC pooling caused me some problems so I use
poolman instead.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson