tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marinko, Jeff" <Jeff_Mari...@intuit.com>
Subject RE: Checking Tomcat's Memory
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:53:19 GMT
I was using requests as in "total requests".  I'm not talking about requests
per second or transactions per second (TPS), I'm talking about the total
number of requests over time (such as 20,000 requests, at any speed really).

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 10:47 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Checking Tomcat's Memory

Hi,

I've been following your thread a bit loosely, so I may have
misunderstood something.

>My problem is still the same, after so many requests (and thus some
amount
>of information stored in memory), Tomcat starts to use up a whole lot
of
>CPU time.  I think I hit the memory limit (as I get out of memory
errors), >so I'm trying to increase the memory Tomcat has, without much
luck.

All else aside, you expect that for a given server CPU usage will *not*
increase with the number of simultaneous requests to the server???

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics