tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marinko, Jeff" <Jeff_Mari...@intuit.com>
Subject RE: Resend: Tomcat Connection Management/Performance
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:28:39 GMT
I've verified the behavior.  The connection is closed roughly 5 seconds
after I request it (my timeout is set to 5 seconds, so that makes sense).
Although that makes sense, since we specified a 1.1 request...

I tried it using "HTTP/1.0" and the connection closed immediately.  I don't
see any problems with this behavior.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sexton, George [mailto:gsexton@mhsoftware.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 3:05 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Resend: Tomcat Connection Management/Performance

This would be worth verifying. I just used telnet to play with the HTTP
connector.

HTTP 1.0 requests are closed immediately after the data is sent.

HTTP 1.1 requests are not closed until 60 seconds have elapsed. The HTTP
connector also seems to ignore the Connection: Close directive.

You can verify this behavior by using telnet to connect to the specified
port and doing some manual requests:

GET /your_servlet_URL HTTP/1.1
Host: yourhostname.com

and press enter twice.