tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Marinko, Jeff" <Jeff_Mari...@intuit.com>
Subject Configuration for High TPS
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 17:22:32 GMT
I'm attempting to configure Tomcat for a test environment to handle a high
number of transactions per second (TPS) and would like any advice others may
like to contribute.  The machine is a fairly powerful dual processor machine
(1+ GHz) running WinNT.  I'm using a tool to send requests, where I can
specify the TPS and number of requests total to send.

I'm running the following with "ok" results, but I'm interested in any
suggestions or better explanations of some of the fields:

               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="2000" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>

Perhaps my biggest problem is the number of connections Tomcat accepts fills
up rather quickly, some of the connections my tool generates are refused
(presumably due to the acceptCount limit being reached, and I have increased
it a couple times).

Any advice would be appreciated!

Jeff