tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: Session and IP
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:52:40 GMT
- I don't think that 'no cache' is a usefull default for
  most applications, as in most applications the pages
  that contain personalized data are the minority.
  (Beside thhe problem mostly happens together with
  forms with method=post as in this case the url
  doesn't change)

- Yes, I would like an option where the behaviour
  can be defined globally for .
  To do this on your own you could write a filter
  that sets the headers before calling doChain().

- To be very shure that no caching happens in dialogs
  we use sequence numbers that we append as parameters
  to the url. This way the url changes with every
  request and is never cached at all.