tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <>
Subject AW: what is url rewriting
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:00:15 GMT
url rewriting is mostly done by a module that intecepts
incoming requests and changes it the before the request
is forwarded to the application. The Application doesn't
see the original request. (Look for mod_rewrite for apache)

What you look for is redirection. The server tells the
browser to look at a different location for a given url.
This is part of the HTTP Spec:

HTTP 1.0
HTTP 1.1

In servlets and jsp's it can be used through

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message