tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <>
Subject AW: tomcat performance and load capability
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:55:48 GMT
Which HttpConnector do you use ? (HttpConnector or Coyote)

Are you shure you set the maxProcessors for the right
connector? (Sorry to ask that, but this kind of questions
is better asked one time to often than not at all)

If you say "the error message 'servlet status'"
do you just mean a log message or an error message ?
In the later case, what's the error that is shown ?

You also have to look how much of the problem is due to
your own application.

Make shure that the settings for your connection pool
are not the bottle neck.
Make shure that you use connections as short as possible.
(E.G. don't get the connection at session start
and return it at session end, better get it from the pool
at ach request.)

If you are using apache and tomcat anyway I think you will
get more performance if they have their own machine.

If you want to know the the difference between tomcat
standalone versus tomcat and apache on two different
maschines it's a bit more complicated. (That depends
on several questions: how are the machines connected
to each other, which operation system do you use,
what's the size of the pages that you have to serve, etc)

I think you have to test that with your application.

Ralph Einfeldt
Uptime Internet Solution Center GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Hosting, Content Management, Java Consulting

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message