tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: migrating from gnuJSP to tomcat 4/apache 2
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2002 15:43:51 GMT
As I'm on the same road, here are my thoughts
(I didn't start trying it, that will not be so
soon as we feel not pressure to do the switch):

If you have just one context (that what we will have)
you can do the following:

  - Keep your htdoc as it is.
  - Define a default context:
    <Context path="" docBase="/{ServerRoot}/htdoc" debug="0"/>)
  - Deny the access of apache to webapps/{context}/WEB-INF
  - Use the JkMount selectively:
    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13/ajp14
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13/ajp14

If you want to have more than one context you may have
to change all references to static or dynamic resources
in the jsp's to contain the context name. (As we don't
use relative path's I don't know what happens with them)

I don't know if this enough, but it should be the right
direction.
> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

For additional commands, e-mail: