tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ralph Einfeldt" <ralph.einfe...@uptime-isc.de>
Subject AW: apache integration
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:39:05 GMT
These all all different modules to reach the same goal:
connect apache with tomcat.

mod_jserv
  - the module that came from the jserv servlet engine
    for apache. Just forget about it if you use tomcat.

mod_jk successor of mod_jserv
  - Currently the best (At least that's what I sample
    from the traffic in this list) connector for apache

mod_jk2 successor of mod_jk
  - currently in alpha or beta state
    AFAIK this development branch was induced through
    the release of apache 2.

mod_webapp
  - Was intended as a replacement for mod_jk
    in tomcat 4. It's a complete redisign.
    As it wasn't ready when tomcat 4 was released
    mod_jk has been changed to allow an integration
    with tomcat 4. Although mod_webapp seams to have
    reached a state where it's close to production
    quality it has some drawbacks, so people like to
    continue to use mod_jk. From what I see in this
    list the development of mod_jk is more active
    than mod_webapp.