tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Remijan" <Michael.Remi...@solocup.com>
Subject RE: automatically serve index.jsp
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:57:19 GMT

Yes I did.  In fact it was the first thing I tried.  I also tried getting rid of the "AddOutputFilter"
snippet of the <Directory> tag thinking it was preventing apache from loading the jsp
page.   that didn't work either.

<mike/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Prior [mailto:sprior@geekster.com]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 12:53 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: automatically serve index.jsp

You're a little ahead of me in doing this, but did you try adding
index.jsp to a DirectoryIndex directive in Apache?

This was very obious to do in Apache 1.3, not sure as obvious in 2.0.

Steve

Michael Remijan wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm currently working on Apache 2.0.39 <-> tomcat-4.1.8 with mod_jk2 and jdk1.4.0_01.
 I've posted previously about apache giving a directory listing instead of returning index.jsp.
 The only way I've been able to get around this problem is editing the workers2.properties
file to include a mapping to the whole webapp...

> - workers2.properties (snippet) -------------------------------------------
> [uri:/diary/*]
> info=Map the whole webapp
>

> I have an alias and directory in httpd.conf set up as follows....
>
> - httpd.conf (snippet) ----------------------------------------------------
> ##
> ## diary webapp
> ##
> Alias /diary "C:/apps/Tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.8-LE-jdk14/webapps/diary"
>
> <Directory "C:/apps/Tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.8-LE-jdk14/webapps/diary">
>     Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews IncludesNoExec
>     AddOutputFilter Includes html htm gif jpeg jpg
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>

> The question I have is, because of mapping the whole webapp in the workers2.properties
file, will that basically override apache serving static content?  I assuming it would  but
I don't have the time to go digging around in the connector's source.