tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rutledge, Aaron" <ARutle...@5prime.com>
Subject RE: adding a virtual directory
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 23:30:51 GMT
Thanks!  Very informative.

-----Original Message-----
From: Will Hartung [mailto:willh@msoft.com]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 5:37 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: adding a virtual directory

The problem is that the basic element in the system is the Webapp, and
they're essentially a self-contained entity, so the web.xml wouldn't be
the
place to do this kind of thing as its not something a Webapp would do.

So, I think you're stuck tweaking server.xml (which configure Tomcat,
not
the Webapp, per se), or moving the content into your Webapp.

Of course, moving it all into your Webapp would make it portable outside
of
Tomcat, whereas tweaking server.xml may not be portable to another
container
(don't know whether that's important to you or not).

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)