tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rutledge, Aaron" <ARutle...@5prime.com>
Subject RE: adding a virtual directory
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 22:04:10 GMT
The goal is to get that mapped drive into the context of my web-app.
Regardless of wether the folder is on or off the server--how do I map a
virtual folder from web.xml.  Is it possible?  I want everything with a
certain URL pattern to request content from a folder that is not in the
usual place.  Thanks!  Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: rsequeira@transentric.com [mailto:rsequeira@transentric.com]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 3:55 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: adding a virtual directory

Assuming you are using Windows OS, you could map a drive on the source
machine pointing to the shared destination directory. Ofcourse you could
run into a few problems if  "my_ap" is the Context and "my_dir" isn't
under
"my_ap".

RS

                      "Rutledge, Aaron"

                      <ARutledge@5prime        To:       "Tomcat Users
List (E-mail)"
                      .com>
<tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                                               cc:

                      08/02/02 04:49 PM        Subject:  adding a
virtual directory
                      Please respond to

                      "Tomcat Users

                      List"

I'm sorry for this very basic question, but I can't find an answer
anywhere.

Within my web application I would like to map everything requested from
one directory (such as http://my.com/my_ap/my_dir) to another directory
located on another server (mapped like
\\Server_name\directory\my_static_content).  Can I do this from my
application's web.xml or only by specifying a virtual directory in
server.xml?  I would rather keep everything self-contained so that I can
deploy it on other servers without modifying the server.xml on each
machine deployed.  Surely there is a way to do this?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated! Regards, Aaron

For additional commands, e-mail: <