tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Design question
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:29:13 GMT
Hi,

   For this problem I would say it would be best to use IIS and Tomcat combo Because IIS can
authenticate users by using NTLM authentication scheme. This means that users with in your
domain can be automatically authenticated (by using Windows Intergrated Authenticaton in IIS).

   There are several ways to upload files to a server, one is by using MultiPart Requests
(Method POST). All you need is a MultiPartRequestParser and then you can parse the files from
the  request and do what ever you like with em, such  as upload the files to a remote server.
 If you need to use NTLM authorisation for this It can get little bit complicated. In theory
you should be able to do it anyway, but not with  out the user giving out his username/password/domain
combination, to authenticate against the remote server. Then for step 2 (downloading files
from a remote server authenticated with NTLM) you could write a servlet that acts similar
to a proxy.

   This could be achived by using the
    http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/
   along with