tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sullivan, Mark E" <Mark.Sulli...@nav-international.com>
Subject RE: Not able to start Tomcat 4.0.4 with IBM supplied Java 1.3.1
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:10:39 GMT
it seems to be a file permissions problem. Check the security settings
between the two jdks to see what is different. I do not know a lot about how
java handles file permissions, but i would start under the
jdk/jre/lib/security directory. Also, i believe there is a .policy file
somewhere in each user's profile that is also checked. Also, you could try
changing the file permissions on the tomcat directory to wide-open, and then
see if the ibm jdk starts