tomcat-users mailing list archives

From dmk...@earthlink.net (David M. Karr)
Subject TC404: slightly changed struts-exercise-taglib doesn't execute ActionServlet.init()
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 04:15:14 GMT
I'm using TC4.0.4 on Win2k, using JDK1.4.  I've built Struts1.1b2 from source.
I've deployed the "struts-exercise-taglib" to TC, and it works fine.  In my
debugger, I see it execute ActionServlet.init() and load the configuration.

I've also built a library all of whose tags derive from the Struts tags, and
I've built a very slightly modified version of "struts-exercise-taglib", called
"strutsel-exercise-taglib", and I've packaged it with the Struts pieces, my
derived library, and the JSTL.

When I run this application on TC, for some reason it is not executing
ActionServlet.init(), so numerous things fail in the application.  I can't see
any rational reason why this would happen.  Is there something I can do to get
more information about this, or some good reason why this might be happening?