tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Apache and Tomcat
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:28:15 GMT

There is quite a bit of documentation, especially in the list archives.

First, which platform are you on?

Second, what connector do you want to use?  There are three: mod_jk,
mod_webapp, and mod_jk2.  Most people seem to be using mod_jk, it's the
oldest and is, in my experience, the most stable.

Yes, you need to change httpd.conf to integrate tomcat with Apache...what
changes specifically can't be determined until you decide which connector
you want.  JSPs and Servlets need to be in Tomcat's workspace, not Apache's.
The normal procedure is to map particular URLs, like "/*.jsp" in httpd.conf
to a particular connector, which will send those requests to Tomcat for
processing.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com