tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: Best Connector for Apache 2x and Tomcat 4x
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:39:33 GMT

"Best" is relative.  This question comes up *a lot*.  If you are familiar
with mod_jserv, mod_jk would be the logical choice.  Mod_webapp has some
issues.  Most people seem to be using mod_jk in production environments.
Note that tomcat does an OK job as a stand-alone server without apache, so
unless you have a need for apache's features (virtual hosting, directory
restrictions, rewriting, whatever) or a high-traffic site with lots of
static content, you might save yourself some time and effort by just using
tomcat.

That said, for the HOWTO, what platform are you on?  I have a HOWTO for
apache 1.3 and tomcat 4 on RH 7.2 here:
http://www.johnturner.com/howto/apache-tomcat-howto.html  Apache2 is very
similar, and I will be updating the HOWTO today with additional build
instructions for mod_jk and apache2.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com