tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Turner, John" <JTur...@AAS.com>
Subject RE: How close 'till release?
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:13:33 GMT

I'm just a tomcat user, far from authoritative, but as far as I know, tomcat
is following the apache style of release scheduling.

That means that there is no release date, with release being up to the
Release Manager, who is the one with 100% authority.  In that respect, you
cannot schedule a release, nor can you predict a release...it happens when
it happens.

Development on tomcat 5 has already started...it's totally conceivable that
there will never be a 4.1.x (or 4.2.x, etc.) release beyond beta.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com